18 February 2007

Animals Zesty Baked Beans

Excerpted from "the Muppet Show Cookbook"

Animal’s Zesty Baked Beans


3 (1lb.) Cans pork and beans in tomato Sauce

3 T molasses

2 T. honey

2 t. instant minced onion or 2 T. fresh chopped onion

1 ½ t. prepared mustard

1/3 Cup catsup

1 t. Worcestershire sauce

¼ t. liquid smoke

¼ t. black pepper

½ t. garlic salt

6 slices bacon

Combine all ingredients except bacon in a 1 ½ quart casserole or bean pot. Partially cook bacon, drain and arrange on top of beans. Bake uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 ½ hours. Serves 8 to 10.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Been looking for this recipe for years! Lost my Muppet cookbook long ago. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Love this recipe and always get rave comments!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I made these every year for my family reunion, but I lost my cookbook in a house fire.